Welcome to Mukwa River Lodge, an Exclusive Boutique Family Owned Retreat Situated on the Banks of the Renowned Zambezi River
Just a short 20-minute journey from the magnificent Victoria Falls, one of the Natural Wonders of the World, this lodge exudes a sense of grandeur and timeless elegance.
Imagine yourself on the dining deck, savouring a chic cocktail made with locally foraged berries, herbs & fruits, while gazing across the mighty Zambezi river at the spray of the falls in the distance. At Mukwa River Lodge, luxury meets the African bush, offering an upscale experience whereby you can soak up the natural beauty that surrounds you, and take in the wide open African sky.
With its classic charm and refined style reminiscent of a bygone era, Mukwa River Lodge provides accommodation fit for royalty and embodies the essence of bush chic. Every creature comfort is thoughtfully provided, accompanied by 5-star service and exquisite dining comparable to that of an award-winning restaurant.
Situated across from the Zambezi national park, you are able to see animals come down to the river to have a drink or graze on the banks of the Zambezi ,all from the comfort of your own private deck or plunge pool. Observe elephants and other captivating wildlife as they gracefully traverse the banks of the majestic Zambezi River.
Mukwa River Lodge Suite Features
- Private plunge pool
- Bath, indoor shower and double outdoor showers
- The 2 bedroom suite has a heated plunge pool & a non-heated plunge pool
- Nespresso coffee machine (compostable capsules)
- Air-conditioner and fan options
- King size extra length beds
- Extensive wooden decks with pool loungers and dining area
- Mini Bar
- Complimentary Gin & Sherry Decanters
Mukwa River Lodge Facilities
- Main area has a large heated lap pool
- Bar, Lounge and dining area with fireplaces
- Wine cellar
- Outdoor river deck with extensive dining area
- Covered riverside dining and lounge area with fireplaces
- Fire Pit / Bush Television
- Spa & Treatment Room
- Curio Shop
- Reception and Activities Desk
- Helicopter Landing Pad on site
- Extensive gardens and organic vegetable garden with chickens
Located just 18kms / 11miles by road from Livingstone International Airport or 53km / 33miles approximatley 60 minutes by road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport. Mukwa River Lodge boasts an excellent and easily accessible location.
Both Airports receive multiple international and domestic flights daily, connecting visitors from around the globe.
Conveniently situated only a short 15 minute drive from Livingstone Town and a mere 10 minutes onwards to the majestic Victoria Falls, Mukwa River Lodge is the perfect base for exploring the wonders of Livingstone, and the captivating Victoria Falls, from both the Zimbabwe & Zambia side.
Guests can rely on Mukwa River Lodge for assistance with a wide range of activities and any necessary transfers that they may require.